Lovely Weekend

I've had a lovely weekend.  A friend came to stay and we went to the Shakespeare in Ten Acts exhibtion at the British Library.


We spent a fascinating couple of hours wandering round looking at early Folios and Quartos of the Great Man's plays, learning about the idiosyncrasies of various Shakespearian actors through the years, the change in the preferences of audiences over time and I also learned that Laurence Olivier was something of an arse.  We then went over to Leicester Square and had a fabulous lunch facing the statue of The Bard.  All in all a truly splendid day.

Listening to my friend talking about how she regularly writes in her journal I was inspired to re-start this blog.  She uses a daily question that prompts her to write something.  I thought I'd give it a go and see how I get on.  Today's question is:

Where would you like to go?

This one could have particularly deep and profound connotations but I'm going to keep it simple.  My husband and I were due to go to Croatia this year on holiday but due to various family commitments we had to cancel at the last minute.  So, I think my answer to this question would be I'd like to go to Croatia.


Comments