Speedway

It's probably fair to say that I am not the world's greatest motorcycle racing fan.  In fact any event that claims to be 'racing' seems to involve a group of men going as fast as they can round in large circles.  I recognise this may well be unfair if not to mention grossly inaccurate but that's how I see it.

So there I was, gentle reader, one evening in August at the Korskro motorcycle track watching speedway.  To be fair, it was a nice evening - 'nice' in the sense that the sun was out and the wind was below gale force strength.  This qualifies as tropical in Esbjerg.  Anyway, there we were - with our friends Brent and Emma - watching sundry groups of males racing round in circles on motorbikes.

It was OK.  It was an 'experience' as they say :-).  And Esbjerg won, so that was a bonus :-).













Comments

  1. I remember going to the speedway in Poole about a hundred years ago. Made the mistake of standing by a bend in the track. Ugh!

    Must confess, I'm with you on the driving round in circles thing.....

    That said, excellent photos.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment