Munich continued ...............

After a very leisurely breakfast where we said goodbye to colleagues and friends, Mark and I strolled around Munich.  I showed him some of the places I had visited on the Friday morning and we checked out some new places on our own.








This is allegedly the devil's footprint - European size 43 in case you are interested (unintentionally juxtaposed to my elegant, Ecco clad sized 38!)


Suspect this classic car would be more to Mark's taste <g>









No trip to Munich would be complete without a visit to the beer keller :-):





In the afternoon Mark took himself off to the Science Museum which came highly recommended by our friend Kevin.  Goes without saying that I went back to the hotel and read my book!











We stayed in a lovely hotel in Munich but the strangest thing about it was the Michael Jackson memorial outside.  Apparently the illustrious Mr J stayed at this hotel so his fans thought it was appropriate to set up a temporary memorial outside until a more permanent site was decided upon.  Apparently the city elders are reluctant to erect an official memorial so almost daily devoted MJ fans come to this statue to pay their respects.  Weird!




Comments

  1. Weird, indeed!

    Sigh of relief that the devil is a 43 - my Ecco clad 42s have escaped any comments! Anyway, I thought Satan had hooves!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, does beer only come in buckets in Munich? I suppose the waiter/waitress asks "Bucket or Big Bucket?" Reminds me of Kevin's comment about visiting the Romford Harvester years ago where the first question was "Smoking or More Smoking?"!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there is also a " 'king big bucket" size too

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment