Films

As my faithful reader knows I love going to the cinema and just recently there have been a bunch of films that have looked quite good, and by that I mean I liked the poster <g>.

Abraham Lincoln:  Vampire Hunter turned out to be as daft a film as the title suggested.  With the inevitable Britsh actor (Rufus Sewell) playing the baddie and the idea that the American Civil War was actually a war against vampires, it had its moments.  To Rome with Love wasn't bad, given that I don't really like Woody Allen films.  Part of the film was in Italian and as we were in a Danish cinema, not unreasonably, the subtitles were in Danish!

I really enjoyed Batman:  The Dark Knight Rises.  Inbetween the inevitable car/bike chases and special effects there was a good story and as the film was a bit longer than usual the plot was allowed to develop rather than lurching from one set piece to another.  Talking of lurching storylines and inevitable car/bike chases leads me neatly in The Bourne Legacy (or Bourne, Again?! as I like to think of it these days).  It was OK.  Jeremy Renner is watchable and Rachel Weisz was an interesting choice as a Bourne girl.  I think my problem is that Bourne and Bond are now interchangeable.

Magic Mike!  What can I say?  Definitely not one for the chaps, methinks.  A bunch of ladies from Esbjerg rocked up at the cinema last week to watch Channing Tatum (or is it Tatum Channing?  Can never remember which way round it is) and Matthew McConaughey playing male strippers and had a fun night.  There is a plot - sort of - and there are some seriously funny scenes but let's not kid ourselves, it's all about the flesh!  And there is plenty of it <g>.


Comments

  1. Now I know why you've been taking so long to read Henry James!!!!! Mind you, if it came to a choice between Henry James and Rufus Sewell, I know who I'd pick.......

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment