Baby Shower

Got to be honest, not my favourite way of passing the time but the mum-to-be, Nadine, is a good pal so time to suck it up and put a brave face on things.  Thankfully Nadine wanted a low-key event (no games - thank God), just coffee, cakes and some good company (you can see why I like Nadine, can't you? <g>)

The lovely Sarah hosted the event:


And I think Nadine enjoyed it.


The catering was, as always on these occasions, magnificent and generously proportioned:


And even a non-caker eater like me was tempted by these chocolate slabs that were made by Ingrid's daughter:


Katharina and Ingrid (Katharina is not Ingrid's daugher - for the avoidance of confusion!)



I helped out with the Nadine/Pregnancy quiz.



Did you know the longest recorded human pregnancy lasted 375 days!  And the Ancient Egyptians used crocodile dung as a contraception?  Easier to tie 'it' in a knot, surely?!

Time for a team photo.



From the left:  Me (Anita), Sarah, Mahalia, Emma, Nadine, Grita, Simone, Emma and Maite.




Comments

  1. Well done! All the ladies look "blooming" to me - must have been all those cakes!

    I attempted some cupcakes yesterday as a birthday treat for myself, but my kitchen is bloody arctic in winter (walls made of waffles and no insulation), so it's impossible to get the ingredients to anything approaching room temperature. They looked brilliant for about 15 minutes while cooking, then all sank in the middles. Probably because I wasn't wearing my new apron when I made them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time ;-). I've got a lemony cupcake recipe from a friend that I keep meaning to try but neither Mark nor I have a sweet tooth so it seems a bit of a waste. Might have a go next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make, bake, bung in post to the south of France!! Who knows, the postie might even be able to get up the hill through the snow by next week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment