Feeling very sorry for self ....... :-(

I've got a cold; thankfully not 'flu or man-flu just a common or garden cold.  But I feel lousy.  On the bright side at least it is happening before Christmas and not during the festive season but I'm still feeling grumpy.

I'm in the UK at the moment.  I have a tutorial to go to tomorrow night for my course, 'From Enlightenment to Romanticism, 1780-1830' (I think the only thing I have learned so far is that the Enlightenment came before Romanticism but I think that is as much to do with the alphabet than anything to do with serious learning!)  Anyway, off to Waterloo tomorrow to find out more about the Olney Hymns, William Wilberforce, Mungo Park (In the Summertime?) and a bunch of other stuff that I have already eliminated from my memory banks.

There is a lot of reading to do on this course.  I am just about keeping up and I don't have the distraction of a full-time job and short people around the house.  I do wonder how some of the others are doing.  I suspect they are being a tad more selective than me.  I feel I need to read everything just in case I miss something.

I have spent some of the day amusing myself with the 'Elf Yourself' program powered by Jib-Jab or something like that.  I have done rather a rather nice montage of Mark, Ollie and I doing a hip-hop version of Jingle Bells.  I demonstrate some rather splendid moves, if I do say so myself.  Ultimate hilarity ensued when I took some of the photos of the Mærsk Executive management team from the company website and created a disco version of We Wish you a Merry Christmas.  Classic!

Note to self:  get out more ;-)

Comments