Finally! Holiday - Week 1

I would like to thank my dear reader (you know who you are <g>) for her patience.  I have finally gotten around to updating my blog.

Thought I would add some pictures from our holiday (will do this in stages as have now been through them all and I think this blog will be a mile long if I do them all in a oner!)

So, at long last Captain Indispensable decided that he needed to take a holiday; first one in about two years apart from the odd day here and there.  We decided to drive to Germany.  We have been talking about a holiday in Germany since our last posting in Denmark so decided now was the time, or then was the time - as it were!  We also wanted something relatively easy to get to so we could take the pooch.

Cue pooch photo ;-)


We decided to spend the first week in Gengenbach in Baden-Württemberg.  We stayed in a small ground floor apartment on a farm.  We got a great deal of amusement watching Ollie watching the chickens.  He had never seen a chicken before!


The metrolops of Gengenbach.


Hangloch-Wasserfall (we think!)  Very close to the location of the largest cuckoo clock in the world.



Heidelberg Castle (scaffolding neatly hidden by the tree)



View of Neckar River from Heidelberg Castle


Schloss Neuschwanstein


Schloss Hohenschwangau


Restaurant where we spent my birthday


Birthday photo (someone was having a hissy fit and wouldn't look at the camera!)






Comments

  1. Yup, I'm still reading!! Looks like you're all having a lovely time in some beautiful locations. You can't beat a pointy castle, I always say!! Next time Captain Indispensable decides to take some time off, you must introduce His Houndnificence to France. We've got masses of weird animals to amuse him, not least The Hairy Boy! And the dog, of course......

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment