Qatar

One weekend it's Legoland, next weekend it's Qatar.  Mark was off to some love-fest (they call them strategic/management/diagnostic whatevers) in Qatar so suggested I went with him.  Jolly fine idea I thought and duly did.


Qatar is quite interesting.  It will of course be the home of the 2022 World Cup *yawn* so will become become much more interesting over the next wee while.  I took the opportunity to check out one of the shopping malls, and I can confirm it was indeed a shopping mall.  Checked out the hotel leisure facilities - rather fine they are too and I also went off into the desert.  I hooked up with some anaesthetists (discovered the American version - anesthesiologist is much easier to say) who were there attending a medical convention and we all went off 'dune bashing'.  Essentially one hires a jeep or 4x4 (these may possible be the same thing - I am no Jeremy Clarkson.  Clearly I have a better hairdresser!), you let the tires down and drive over the sand dunes.  Great fun and once I had stopped screaming I thoroughly enjoyed myself!


Neither a jeep nor a 4x4!


Me, rather relieved to be still alive


Sand dunes


Mountains of Saudi Arabia


Nice!


Mark and I having dinner


Qatar skyline

Comments

  1. I beg to disagree with your photo caption - surely a camel is the archetypal 4x4!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment