I do my best, I really do ......

I'm not crazy about Christmas.  I hate all this enforced jollity and the feeling that one must be having the time of one's life for every minute of every day for a week, but I try.  God knows I try.  I happily accommodate the various wishes of others safe in the knowledge that they still won't be happy; I am prepared to travel all over the planet, in all weather conditions; I willingly sacrifice several nights' sleep staying in a variety of strange beds over the festive period (and just for the record, Mark and I have never had Christmas in our own home.)  So, like I said, I try.

This year is no exception.  I really didn't want to travel this Christmas.  Travelling around Christmas time is never easy; loads of other people are travelling (and kids!), the weather is unpredictable and every year the 'up-f*ck' factor seems to increase.  I would have preferred to stay put, but it was not meant to be.  So here we are poised to undergo the annual route march.  And what happens?  A crisis of bloody mammoth proportions breaks out at Maersk.  Doo-doo hitting the fan at all angles.  And right at this moment I have no idea what is going to happen.  Oh joy!

WHEN WILL IT BE MY TURN TO BE THE PIGEON AND NOT THE STATUE!!!!!

Happy Christmas :-))

Comments