I've had my chimney swept!

Sadly not a euphemism for anything salacious!  The house in which we are living has two chimneys and each year in autumn the Kommune arranges for the chimneys to be swept in all the houses. 

Yesterday a small green card was left in my mailbox about this service.  Naturally it was all in Danish so  I had to get it tranlsated.  I was meeting some friends at the library so I took it along.  I showed it to Ana-Maria who is actually Romanian but does speak Danish.  Poor lass; she had to translate it from Danish, into Romanian and then into English.  'Chimney' had her stumped so the Kommune was coming to clean 'the thing Santa comes down'!  Hey - I understood what she meant!! :-))

So the handsome Jannick arrived today and worked his magic.  He managed to remove a whole heap of cr*p including a bird's nest from the chimneys, had a cup of coffee and then left.  I got some pictures of him in action and when I have figured out how to post them to this blog I will do so. 

Life in Esbjerg continues to fascinate ......

Comments

  1. I'm moving to Denmark! We have to pay to have our chimney swept!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment